Pages

About Sweet Bite

Sweet Bite is a home-based bakery that has grown out of my love of baking and desire to create edible art for family and friends. While I have found a niche making special occasion cakes for various celebrations including weddings, baby showers, and birthdays; I am happy to bake pies, pastries, and any other sweet or savory treat your heart desires. I love to try new recipes and challenge myself with fun designs. While my cakes are pretty to look at, I strive to make them taste even better using quality ingredients! I hope you enjoy reading my blog and seeing what new sweet treat I have created in my kitchen!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 11, 2011

2 weekends, 2 wedding cakes

The past two Saturdays I have woken up with cake on my mind.  Wedding cake that is.  On May 28th, I made a black and white themed cake for a couple I never met.  Talk about trust!  This cake was special because I bartered this cake in exchange for wedding photography at my wedding.  Thanks craigslist.com!  The Bride emailed pictures of a few cakes and I suggested my favorite which she agreed with and that's how the cake design was finalized.  The Bride chose lemon cake...yummy!  I don't have a great picture of the cake because I have since lost my camera, but you get the idea of what it looked like.  I tried to make edible jewels but they didn't turn out.  Sometimes it's just not necessary to make it all edible!


The black and white cake was to feed 60-70 people.  Last weekend I made a cake to feed over 200!  Yes, it was a bit stressful especially with the 95 degree heat.  It's a bit harder to deliver a cake when it's so hot.  Thanks to my Mom's help, we got it delivered and it was a success!  The wedding colors were Tiffany blue, orange, and off white.  The colors were great!  The cake might have been traditional white on the inside, but it was a pretty Tiffany blue on the outside.  It's fun to see all the different layers with different designs come together and look good.  Of course the most important thing is that it tastes good and the Bride's Mom tells me she continues to get compliments on how great the cake tasted.  That makes me smile!  No cake mix in this masterpiece!


This weekend there is no cake on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment